- There are two reactive ccl bonds that allow Thiophosgene to be used in diverse organic compounds.
- CSCl2 is prepared in a two-step process from carbon disulfide. In the first step, carbon disulfide is chlorinated to give trichloromethanesulfenyl chloride, CCl3SCl:
- CS2 + 3 Cl2 CCl3SCl + S2Cl2
- The chlorination must be controlled as excess chlorine converts trichloromethanesulfenyl chloride into carbon tetrachloride.
- It is a molecule with trigonal planar geometry and a red liquid with the formula CSCl2.
- Reduction of trichloromethanesulfenyl chloride produces thiophosgene : CCl3SCl + M CSCl2 + MCl2
- Steam distillation separates the trichloromethanesulfenyl chloride, a rare sulfenyl chloride, and hydrolyzes the sulfur monochloride.
Red Burgundy Colour
3.75 Kg Glass Bottle & 30 Kg PTFE Coated SS Drums
- 1000 Per Week
- 3-10 Days
4/11, Bhagirath Apartment, Navapur Road, Tarapur, Boisar, Maharashtra, 401501, India